It is vitally important for infants and toddlers to build meaningful attachments and relationships with the people who care for them. They thrive best in environments that are both consistent and predictable. Being able to anticipate what is going to happen and knowing that their needs will be met gives babies a sense of security. Opportunities which allow infants and toddlers to derive a sense of security include their daily care giving routines.
Smalltrans’ philosophy is based on the belief that children learn through direct experiences, using real, natural objects. Development of the “whole child” in a nurturing, warm, fun, and safe environment is our primary goal.
Our program is designed to promote a positive self-image, to build a sense of confidence to allow the children to grow up to their maximum potential emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically.
- Beautiful sunny indoor and outdoor space
- Infant Care
- Toddler Care
- 1 to 4 teacher to child ratio for infants
- 1 to 5 teacher to child ratio for toddlers
- We are a year round program
- Toddler creative & dance movement classes
- Beautiful indoor playground
- Great location: Immediate access to 580 or 880 Freeways
- Centrally located for BART or AC Transit access (within one block)